The purpose of pa4pl is to address the recent prohibition on Pennsylvanians from lending on the peer-to-peer lending site, Prosper.com.

p2p lending is an incredible concept! I give Prosper so much credit and appreciation for creating a venue where Americans can invest directly in their fellow American.

This new and intimate method of investing is wonderful, especially now as our sense of trust and security in our traditional methods of investment are being put to the test.

Email me at pa4prosperlending@gmail.com if you have anything you would like to see addressed on pa4pl.

Please sign the pa4prosperlending petition!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Response from Prosper Customer Support

I figured, first things first, so I emailed Prosper support to validate the notice I received.

Here's their response followed by original email:

I decided to remove the email because Prosper support basically regurgitated the notice I received, swiftly deflating my hopes that this was a spoof. Not a big deal though, it is what it is.

The problem does not lie with Prosper, it lies with whatever regulations, and special interest has caused the PA governement to force Prosper's hand as it has.

In addition to emailing prosper support, I also called. Part of me was still holding out hope that it was spoof! I spoke with Brian, who was really cool about the whole thing.

He explained that their legal department is working to lift this restriction. Although he couldn't offer any time frame, or point to any specific regulation.


Please sign the petition!

Ask a friend to sign!

No comments: