The purpose of pa4pl is to address the recent prohibition on Pennsylvanians from lending on the peer-to-peer lending site, Prosper.com.

p2p lending is an incredible concept! I give Prosper so much credit and appreciation for creating a venue where Americans can invest directly in their fellow American.

This new and intimate method of investing is wonderful, especially now as our sense of trust and security in our traditional methods of investment are being put to the test.

Email me at pa4prosperlending@gmail.com if you have anything you would like to see addressed on pa4pl.

Please sign the pa4prosperlending petition!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Point.

This post is a revision I made to my first post:

Tom from Prosper Lending had a terrific comment to the fact that I have only been on Prosper for 3 months, and that my current returns are not a good reflection of the returns that most investors see over time. I absolutely agree with him. Three months is not a long time at all. I was just beginning to get my feet wet, and I realize I have been lucky so far.

"According to Eric's Credit Community, my Average Interest Rate is 33.27%. My Experian Estimated Return on Investment is 25.14%, and my EricsCC Estimated ROI is 33.03%."

I had been focusing my investments in riskier, higher return loans. My strategy was to build my portfolio like this to the point where any single loan was less than 2% of my overall portfolio, at which time I was going to begin scaling back on riskier loans for lower risk, lower return loans.

This is all the more reason I'm frustrated with the restriction. As of now I am not able to push my portfolio to the point I wanted. My loans are greater than 2% of my total portfolio. On average, they're more like 4.75%.

Plus, I lose the ability to compound my returns. It was more about where this was going than where I am.

Of all the risks I considered when deciding to lend on Prosper, the risk of PA regulation barring me from investing was honestly not one of them.

It's probably important to note that Prosper investing was a small fraction of my overall investing activities. I enjoyed hand picking my loans, and I was willing to assume such risk because I am intrigued by the concept of people investing in other people.

Please sign the petition!

Ask a friend to sign!

No comments: