The purpose of pa4pl is to address the recent prohibition on Pennsylvanians from lending on the peer-to-peer lending site, Prosper.com.

p2p lending is an incredible concept! I give Prosper so much credit and appreciation for creating a venue where Americans can invest directly in their fellow American.

This new and intimate method of investing is wonderful, especially now as our sense of trust and security in our traditional methods of investment are being put to the test.

Email me at pa4prosperlending@gmail.com if you have anything you would like to see addressed on pa4pl.

Please sign the pa4prosperlending petition!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Did Prosper Not Register -OR- File for Exemption? I'm just wondering.

Are these Promissory Notes securities or are they not?

Prosper obviously believes they are not, or else we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with right? Because they would have taken steps to appropriately register them, right?

Pennsylvania says they are Securities.

The more I investigate, the more I can't help but think that PA has a good argument. Although, I'm not willing to commit to that yet.

What I am willing to commit to is the fact that I'm beginning to feel like a dog chasing it's tail. That much I know for sure.

I guess another thing we know for sure is that Prosper has not registered their Notes as securities.

As a logical exercise, let's just say they ARE exempt.

Shouldn't Prosper then have the appropriate Federal exemption as proof of such exemption?

Since Prosper doesn't seem to have anything like this to fling back in the PA Security Commission's face, can we assume then, that Prosper neither registered their Notes OR filed the appropriate exemption?

I don't know, but i can't help but wonder.


Please sign the petition!

Ask a friend to sign!

No comments: